Overview of Payroll in Norway
Scandinavian countries are renowned for their high tax rates but what else do employers need to understand about payroll processing in Norway and their obligations for the country?
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those Payroll & HR Professionals who are processing or managing Vendors who process Payrolls in Norway and need to have an understanding of the legislative and legal requirements involved.
What will you achieve?
Having attended this course delegates will have confidence that they understand the fundamentals of payroll processing in Norway, are clear about employer obligations, know what they need to do on a periodic and annual basis and can answer employee queries and check payslips. Even if you have outsourced the payrolls it is still the employer’s responsibility to ensure these are met and that tax and social security are correctly processed. This course not only gives you the information you need to be compliant but also ensures you know exactly what information should be given to a payroll provider and the various tasks they should be completing on your behalf. Having attended the courses delegates will also be able to accurately follow a simple pay calculation and identify the key items on a payslip for each jurisdiction.
- A brief overview of each country and the business culture
- Employment law (includes working time
- collective bargaining and union agreements
- work permits
- visas and employment contracts)
- Business expenses and benefits in kind (including per diems
- company cars
- tax free staff welfare items and other tax free items)
- Income tax (including rates and allowances
- tax deduction cards
- tax identity numbers
- plus anonymous persons processes in Norway)
- High level tax calculations for Norway and how to access the Revenue on-line tax calculation tools
- Social security contributions
- A glossary of terms that are used regularly in payroll
- Payroll administration requirements (includes reporting and payments for starters and leavers)
- Pension requirements
- An overview of a Norwegian payslip with English translations
- Statutory reporting requirements for monthly payrolls and annual reporting (including A-melding reports in Norway
- A –tax)
- How to process the various types of statutory leave and payments (includes sickness
- public holidays
- maternity and parental
- etc. and the treatment in respect of tax and social security)