Learning Payroll II expands on the concepts from Learning Payroll I by exploring more complex processes and government requirements. This interactive, exercise-based seminar covers the fundamentals of irregular payments, government remittance and reporting, along with basic termination information and how to complete the ROE.
This full-day seminar provides opportunities to ask questions, network with other professionals, and learn from best practice examples. Valuable take home materials include exercises and Learning Payroll II learning materials.
The second-step in payroll - Learning Payroll II is ideal for:
Although Learning Payroll I is not a prerequisite, it is strongly recommended.
What will you achieve?
- Calculate and produce irregular payments using the bonus tax method
- Best practices and procedures for correcting payroll
- Identify, classify and calculate statutory remittances to Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Quebec
- Describe, categorize and evaluate other government reporting such as health taxes and workers compensation premiums
- Determine the termination notice based on province of employment
- Prepare the Record of Employment (ROE) form
Sandrine nears two decades of hands-on experience in the leadership and delivery of complex global HRIS / payroll solutions / pension and benefits administration. Of direct relevance to the National Payroll Institute annual conference and tradeshow, Sandrine is an industry acclaimed leader and recognized payroll subject matter expert within the Canadian and International legislative space. Sandrine is well versed in risk management, is a cultural mentor and strategic client relationship contributor. Sandrine has also been engaged to lead efforts in the areas of business transformation, functional and process enhancement, change management; and has earned stakeholders trust for her natural leadership qualities.
- Vacation pay
- Overtime pay
- Pay in lieu of notice
- Sick leave payments
- Retroactive payments
- Correction a payroll error
- Pay adjustment to correct an underpayment
- Recovering overpayment
- Salary paid in error
- Repayment of salary or wages
- Canada Revenue Agency payroll account
- When and how to remit to the CRA
- Employment Insurance premium reduction
- Revenu Québec enterprise number
- When and how to remit to the RQ
- Provincial healthcare and education taxes and remittances
- Provincial workers' compensation reporting
- Statistics Canada
- Records retention
- Privacy legislation
- Notice of termination
- Salary continuance
- Severance pay
- Retiring allowances
- Record of Employment
- Commission record of employment
What will be covered?
Correcting errors and recovering salary or wage:
Statutory remittances and reporting:
Other government reporting and record retention:
Termination of employment: