Overview of Payroll in Norway
Norwegian payroll is a complex field with lots of laws and regulations. This two-day course gives you a deeper insight to Norwegian Payroll. It is an extremely practical course which deals with all of the issues, which are important to anyone either working in, or responsible for, the payroll function. The course covers all of the essential rules in the operation of tax, benefits and social security fee, and the course outlines the rights and obligations of both employers and employees. It uses clear examples to illustrate many of the points raised.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those who work with payroll and HR on a daily basis, and want to gain more knowledge, introduction to the latest changes both in rules and system functionality and a forum where you can ask questions and get answers.
What will you achieve?
At the end of this course delegates will received a detailed overview of the complex Norwegian payroll legislation and gain the knowledge and confidence to understand the fundamentals of payroll processing in Norway. They are clear about employer obligations, calculation of gross pay and deduction, know what they need to do on a periodic and annual basis, can answer employee queries and check payslips and other forms. The course will give the participants the knowledge to know were to find it.
The course will give the participants knowledge about which specialist sources to use and find answers when there is a need for it in the future. Which websites are considered safe sources.
AseDirector of Payroll
Ase is a Director of Payroll with 25 years of experience in Payroll and HR. She is the leader of a department consisting of 45 payroll consultants and is responsible for 450 different payroll clients.
Merete is an HR Manager with 13 years of experience in Payroll and HR. She is responsible for all HR services within Amesto.
- Introduction to all relevant authorities, websites and official offices in Norway
- Introduction to all relevant Norwegian laws (Working environment Act, Holiday Act, Nathional Insurance Act, Tax Law, VAT Act for travel expenses etc)
- How to handle travel expenses
- Reimbursement off expenses and expenses without documentation
- Company cars
- A-melding reporting
- Pension reporting
- Social security fee
- Employee contribution
- Employee tax
- Different type off employment
- Employer obligations
- Official reporting and payment deadlines
- The cash principal
- Union Trade Agreement in Norway
- Rules and calculation off overtime
- Rules and payment on public holidays
- Rules for deduction in salary
- Advance payment
- Taxable and non-taxable benefits
- Holiday year versus earning year
- Vacation money rules and calculation
- Employees age 60+
- Illness during holiday
- Holiday settlement for leavers
- Half tax month in November or December
- Absence, rules, employer responsibility, reporting and calculation off absence
- Paid and un-paid absence
- Employee reported absence, shorth term sick leave and long term sick leave
- Maternity and paternity leave
- How to handle chronic illness
- Yearend closing, important deadlines, how to prepare, what to report
- Accounting year versus payroll year
What will be covered?
The course will include information, explanations and examples on the following topics:
SummaryNorway numbers among the high tax Scandinavian countries but employers need to understand much more about the fundamentals of payroll processing there. This course ensures that delegates know the steps to take, periodically and annually, to provide the best oversight of your payroll provider and remain compliant.