Global Payroll Associations Certificate in Global Payroll, Leadership, Strategy design and Transformation
The GPA Certificate in Global Payroll Leadership is designed for payroll professionals and/or managers who have responsibility for multi country payroll delivery. The course specifically addresses the responsibilities of multi country payroll ‘owners’, regional payroll owners and global payroll owners. The course will equip these payroll professionals with practical tools to implement or enhance payroll Governance, and addresses the structured approach to revisit and develop (global) payroll strategies – highlighting the need for rigour in the development of these strategies, including practical considerations.
Who is this course for?
You may want to consider this GPA Certificate in Global Payroll if you: Have a primary focus on or ownership responsibility for multi-country/regional or global payroll governance and risk management Have a responsibility for regional/ global strategy and delivery models, whether in-house or via a third party Have operational responsibility for multi-country payrolls and aspire to ownership of payrolls at either a regional or global level.
What will you achieve?
Once you have completed all the modules, you will be able to develop a global payroll strategy, manage global payroll transformations more effectively, understand requests for proposals (purchase) (RFPs) and deal with remote teams and stakeholders. In addition, you will be able to assess your current payroll Governance framework and implement an enhanced Governance model to manage payroll control and risk across your country set.
*The Global Payroll Association's certificate in Global Payroll, Leadership, Strategy design, and Transformation is not included in any membership level and is to be purchased as a stand-alone product. However, this course can be discounted using the GPA Members discount.
Graham JenkinsDirector at The Consultant Connection Ltd
Our trainer has been engaged with multiple clients, across multiple sectors, assisting them with the development of their global payroll strategies and identifying their payroll transformation opportunities. He advises on global payroll 'governance' and on-going risk management and control. Recognised as a global payroll authority and thought leader he is a regular keynote speaker and contributor to global payroll events and international conferences.
Andy TesterSenior Consultant of The Consultant Connection Ltd
Our trainer is a senior consultant working on offerings development, methodologies and delivery of global payroll consultancy. He is an experienced business professional with more than 25 years’ experience in IBM. During his career he has worked extensively across Finance and HR functions at country and geography levels including his roles as EMEA Payroll and T&E Process Owner and within Corporate Business Controls.
- Meet the trainers
- The importance of true payroll ‘ownership’
- Agenda Overview
- What is Governance?
- Why do we need Governance?
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Key Governance elements
- Implementing a lens into multi country
- Global Payroll control and risk management
- What is global payroll strategy?
- Developing a global payroll strategy
- Key elements of a global strategy
- Developing a logical flow to the strategy
- Modularising the approach to developing the strategy
- What should be considered and who should be involved in a global payroll service delivery model. What value does it add to the payroll organisation?
- Request for proposal (RFP)
- When do you require an RFP?
- Preparing for an RFP
- Key components of a global payroll RFP
- Evaluating a global RFP response.
- Detailed review of shortlisted service providers (Deep dive)
- Implementation considerations
- Main causes of global project failure
- How to mitigate the risk of failure
- Effective change management of global payroll transformation projects
- The importance of plans
- Change management during the project
- Stakeholder management
- The challenges facing global payroll today.
- Service, service, service
- Governance v Do you feel lucky?
- Strategy development v Speed dating
- Payroll of the 1980’s v Payroll 2020
What will be covered?
robust Governance framework will address ongoing proactive risk management of payroll.
Global Payroll Strategy - Where to start:
and that you approach the development of future (global) payroll strategy development with ‘eyes wide open’.
Request for Purchase (RFP):
and with whom you can build a true payroll delivery partnership.