Overview of Payroll in China 2019
The People’s Republic of China (PRC), as you might expect, has a wide range of social insurances, which provide benefits for employees in certain circumstances, these deductions from pay sit alongside income tax.
There is a range of mandatory payments including variations by region plus a wide range of employer obligations.
Having attended this course delegates will have confidence that they understand the fundamentals of payroll processing in China, are clear about employer obligations including those for residents and non-residents, know what they need to do on a periodic and annual basis, can answer employee queries and check payslips.
Even if payrolls are outsourced it is still the employer’s responsibility to ensure all obligations are met and that income tax and social security are correctly processed. This course not only gives you the information you need to be compliant but also ensures you know exactly what information should be given to a payroll provider and the various tasks they should be completing on your behalf.
This course includes:
• Country overview
• Business culture
• Taxation in China including the State Administration of Taxation (SAT)
• Individual income tax (IIT) including:
o Tax rates for residents
o Tax rates for non-residents
o Mandatory returns for withholding agents
• Employer obligations
• Data retention
• Starters and leavers
• Annual leave
• Maternity leave
• Public holidays
• Basic laws in China
• Annual filing
• Social insurances including:
o Medical insurance
o Unemployment insurance
o Work related injury insurance
o Pension insurance
o Maternity insurance
o Foreign workers
• Housing fund
• Social insurance numbers for foreign workers
• Disabled workers employment assistance fund
• Mandatory regional allowances
• Working time
• Employment contracts
• Termination and severance pay
• Calculating taxable income for Chinese nationals
• Calculating taxable income for foreign workers and expatriates
• Examples of calculations including the quick calculation deductions
• Annual bonus
Delegates will also receive details of links to useful websites, and online access to resources on the GPA website.
Other means of training