Overview of Payroll in South Africa
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those Payroll & HR Professionals who are processing or managing Vendors who process Payrolls in South Africa and need to have an understanding of the legislative and legal requirements involved.
What will you achieve?
Having attended this course delegates will have confidence that they understand the fundamentals of payroll processing in South Africa, are clear about employer obligations, know what they need to do on both a periodic and annual basis, can answer employee queries and check payslips. Even if payrolls are outsourced it is still the employer’s responsibility to ensure all obligations are met and that tax and social security are correctly processed. This course not only gives you the information you need to be compliant but also ensures you know exactly what information should be given to a payroll provider and the various tasks they should be completing on your behalf.
ChantalHead of Learning and Education
For the past 14 years I had the privilege to pursue my passion for education and training. I have presented technical and soft skill classroom training, van virtual training for managers, colleagues, business partners, auditors and customers. Established curriculum’s in the payroll and accounting industry and developed classroom and virtual training courses for software products. As the Head of the Learning and Education I am able to further my career path as innovative solutions through excellent customer service is provided.
- Introduction to South-Africa payroll
- Overview of the legislation impacting payroll
- Basic Conditions of the Employment Act
- application and provision of the Act
- Regulation of working time
- Remuneration vs Wage
- Leave (Annual
- Family Responsibility
- Maternity and Paternity Leave)
- Particulars of employment
- Termination of Employment
- Basic calculations for Tax
- UIF and SDL
- Submission dates and methods
- Examples of submissions
- Annual and Bi-annual tax reconciliation process and timelines
- Skills Development reports and timelines
- Occupational Injuries and Diseases reports and timelines
- Employment Equity reports and timelines
- Example of a weekly payroll plan
- Example of a monthly payroll plan
- Example of an annual payroll plan
What will be covered?
Monthly Statutory Compliance:
Annual Statutory Compliance:
SummaryOur knowledge-rich course teaches the fundamentals of South African payroll, familiarising you with the legislation, processes and timelines companies must understand in order to address employee queries, accurately read payslips, remain compliant and carry out effective oversight of outsourced providers.